Sunday, February 17, 2008

My fun sleepover

Megan is my best friend. I'm still amazed that even over the years and with the distance that we've still been able to keep a friendship going. We became friends back in our ol' elementary school days. We had tons of sleepovers and did gymnastics together. She was my bridesmaid and a huge help on my wedding day(her mom helped out too!) when Josh and I got stranded at the temple - funny story. We've both done cheerleading and drill team, just at different schools. She's like a sister to me.

Well, I got the weekend off and headed up to Hyrum and spent the night. I haven't had a sleepover in ages! It was a total blast. We shopped, ate out, and watched Pride and Prejudice, what Josh calls a "tea and crumpet" movie. lol! And I got to sleep in, hallelujah! Her children are absolutely adorable! And a huge thankyou to her hubby Aaron for watching the kids while we went out, even though he was totally tired from his scout outting.

Thankyou Megan for a fun weekend. And I'm totally getting my passport now, you'd better be too!



Parks and Maddy, too cute!

Megan and Aaron. What a cute couple!

10 comments:

Annie Miller said...

Katie! Thank you for this post. I love Megan. I have no idea what she has been up to. I have only seen her once or twice since she moved. But I'm am so glad to she she is happy and doing well. Please tell her hi for me. She looks great. I'm glad you got a weekend off. That sounds so nice.

Spencer family said...

That sounds like so much fun! It is fun to hear about Megan and see her cute family. Tell her Hi from me!
Forever friends are the best!

Unknown said...

That sounds like such a great time!Nothing beats spending time with a good friend. I have been wondering about Megan and it is good to see that she is doing good. Tell her hi from me and that I still remember her doing back handsprings across my entire backyard:)

sweet pickles said...

Glad you had a nice getaway. They are the best!

kacee said...

I totally forgot about Megan - love her! I remember back in the day - gymnastics team @ Westlake-I would just watch you two in awe...you guys were awesome {I sucked} and it was so much fun! Thanks for the reminder, please tell her hi for me.

Love those girl getaways, looks like you had fun at the GHS girls night too! Wahoo!

kacee said...

I totally forgot about Megan - love her! I remember back in the day - gymnastics team @ Westlake-I would just watch you two in awe...you guys were awesome {I sucked} and it was so much fun! Thanks for the reminder, please tell her hi for me.

Love those girl getaways, looks like you had fun at the GHS girls night too! Wahoo!

Darci said...

How fun for the 2 of you!! You 2 are peas in a pod.

Megan said...

Katie- you are so quick to get this posted! I did have a fun time, thanks for driving up to see me! We'll definitely have to get together more often.

And hi to everyone else! I'll have to come visit your blogs and catch up on your lives. It's a sweet trip down memory lane. Good ol' Westlake days! :)

BERNOTSKI FAMILY said...

Seriously, you and Megan could be sisters. It's great to see your blog. Mine is bernotskiblackboard (dot) blogspot.com I remember a few of those sleepovers way back when. GOOD TIMES!

skousenscrolls said...

That is so awesome you two keep in touch. I so remember you two being such good good friends back in elementary. That is cool she is living in Hyrum. I love Cache Valley, I miss living there.