Monday, March 3, 2008

I can't stop myself!


This is the third batch of cinnamon rolls I've made in just a few days. Soooo goooood!!!


So last year I bought a bread machine at a yard sale for $5. Josh had been wanting one for a while and $5 is a steal. Til now, it's sat untouched by me. Josh has made amazing breads in it. Basically I've been intimidated by this machine. The operation manual looked way too complicated and I don't like messing with things that look like a car manual.



Last week I got this HUGE craving for cinnamon rolls and I had this amazing recipe, so I tried it. Holy cow, it's not as hard as I thought it would be. And now I can stop making cinnamon rolls! Thank you to the Bread Man 2000 for satisfying my cinnamon roll craving!


Here's the recipe for anyone that wants to try.

Almost Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

4 T. butter, melted
4 T. water
1/2 box of vanilla instant pudding(the 3/4oz size)
1 C. milk
1 egg, beaten
1 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
4 cups flour
2 1/2 t. active dry yeast

Filling:
1 C. brown sugar
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 C. butter, softened so it's easy to spread.

Place ingredients in bread machine in this order and set for dough cycle. When it's complete, remove and roll it out to a 17X10 rectangle. Spread softened butter. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over spread butter. Roll dough tightly from long end, pinching ends closed when completely rolled. Slice with a pizza cutter, or dental floss(which ever works better) into 1 inch sections. Place onto greased baking pan and let it rise until double. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Frost immediately.

Frosting:
4 oz. cream chees, softened
1/4 C. butter, softened
1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 t. milk

Enjoy!

10 comments:

Spencer family said...

I bought a bread maker at a garage sale too. I think I'll make so bread to day! Thanks!!!

MiNdY said...

MMmmmmmm... I love home made cinnamon rolls! Ive yet to make them myself but my moms are to DIE for! You're lucky im not a neighbor of yours cause if I smelt those cookin, Id be banging on your door. :)

sweet pickles said...

That's so funny because I've totally been craving cinnamon rolls the last few days, but haven't a clue how to do them.

We got a bread maker for our wedding that has sat in its box for 7 years now, because it overwhelmes me.

Maybe you should share your yummy recipe with the rest of us to give it a try?

Unknown said...

Those look so good! We have a bread maker that we got from our wedding and I have never used it. I will have to try your recipe sometime. Thanks!

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

Cinnamon rolls are one of my FAVORITE treats...I can email you my address so that next time you are in the mood to make em', you will know who to take them too. ;)

MiNdY said...

THANK YOU for putting your recipe up! I am trying these before the week is up!

Erin said...

My mouth is watering just looking at the picture. I too have a bread machine that has been sitting in the box since I got it, but I think I have some motivation now to break it open and try my hand at some of these. Yum.

Megan said...

Those look divine! However, I don't know that I'll make them. Anything with more than 5 ingredients is an instant turnoff. lol.

BERNOTSKI FAMILY said...

OH MAN! That is so funny because I've made this exact recipe in my breadmaker. They really are to die for and everyone loves them! Did you get the recipe from allrecipes.com? That's where I go for good recipes (besides calling my mom--she gets a lot of calls).

April said...

Thanks for the recipe. These look so good!