Sunday, August 26, 2007

Can't believe it's been 10 years


Way back then.



How I look today. My sweet husband, Josh, sitting with me at my reunion.

Last Saturday I participated in Granger High's 10-year reunion. I participated in planning it too(a whole lot more than I thought I was going to do). It was an absolute blast! But as I was reflecting back on my senior year I felt really sad. I have so many regrets, that if I was given one wish in my whole life I'd go back to my senior year and do a whole lot of things very differently.





Things I would do different:





1) NO boyfriends. No one wants to date you when you're tied-down.


2) Play the field! There were so many guys that I had super huge crushes on. If I had the confidence that I do now I'd totally ask them out on a date.


3) Still do Drill Team. I hated the politics, but man I loved dancing!


4) Concentrate more on my academics. Seriously I would.


5) Stop being so anti-social. There were so many things that I missed out on(that I've now learned) because I spent too much time being angry at things that were out of my control.


6) Get a real job - grow up. I coached gymnastics all through out high school. It was a fun job, but considering anything other than coaching was below me. Yeah, I was a gymnastics snob. It would've been nice to get more experience outside of what I knew.


7) Have fun just being a teenager. I remember I couldn't wait to become an adult and now I really long for the days when it was only me and I could sleep in.


8) Stop being afraid of confrontations.


9) Take different classes.


10) Be a better sister and friend.





So the questions of the day are - if given one wish to go back in time, would you do it? And if so, where would you go and what 10 things would you do different?

0 comments: