Friday, August 24, 2007

Why finding a babysitter is a major pain!

I hate having to find a babysitter if ever I ever want to do something. I remember when I was young how I hated being asked to babysit. This feeling mostly comes from my mom's daycare. My mom has had an in-home daycare as long as I can remember. I was always resentful towards those children because when my mom had something to do(much like I have something to do today) she put my sisters and I in charge. Or guilted us into watching the kids by saying something like,"this is how I pay for you guys to do................." And often their needs came before ours. So no, I will never have a daycare just to pay for my kids extracurricular activities. I really do love my mom. She did the best she could for us considering her circumstances, but I'm doing things differently with my little family.

So I totally understand where the rejection comes from when a teen says, "no" or makes up some weird excuse. Nevertheless, I still need babysitters. I still need them so I can date my husband, so he won't feel low on my priority list. So today I can give my son's new teacher the attention she needs so that my son will be successful in school. So that I can get things done, like when I have to go into the bank or post office for a transaction that requires face-to-face interaction. Don't get me wrong, I love taking my kiddies all over with me, but sometimes it's nice when it's just me.

0 comments: