Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Weird dreams

Last night hit me with a doozy of two odd dreams. The kind that make you wonder why? Why did I dream about this person? And what do I need to learn from it? First, I am a firm believer that dreaming is either a way of your subconscious working out a problem, something needing to manifest itself(because everything is symbolic in one way or the other), or a way of receiving answers to some of life's difficult questions. And second, I think last nights dreams had to do with my high school reunion because quite of few people from my past were in it.

It's funny, when I dream I think I get a glimpse of the true me. The person inside that I know is just witty, daring, spontaneous, and fun. The scene for both dreams happened on the campus of where I went to college. I thought it was interesting that while I saw college alumni's, I saw some high school alumni's that I know didn't go there. I was schmoozing with my old college cheer squad, we decided to crash a fraternity party. I stole something important, it was like a mascot of some sort. I was caught sneeking out and started running back towards my dorm. The guys were in pursuit. (I have this odd delight in being chased in dreams, it makes me feel like I'm back in elementary playing tag.....ah, that was fun!) I was eventually caught just as I got to my dorm room, the mascot taken back, and I was thrown over the shoulder of the one my high school mates(I know who it was, but no names mentioned here). The only thing I can remember saying as I was over the shoulder facing this guy's backside/rearend was something like,"Oh ______, is this the real you? You must introduce me!", followed by him hitting me hard on my backside. But then my bladder woke me up. Darn bladder! Just when things were getting interesting!

The second dream took place in my dorm room. I had retired for the night and had been asleep(in my dream) for some time when I started to feel something caress my face. It was nice. Whoever it was started kissing my cheek(yeah, I know, gross makeout dream. But really? Who doesn't love a good makeout dream? It's just taboo to write about it.) and traveled to my lips. Something was wrong, it didn't feel like my husband's kiss. I woke up from my sleep to find my ex-fiance' sitting next to me(yes, I was engaged to another man before marrying Josh. Good guy, just different views about what a marriage was supposed to be). Totally creeped out! I can't remember what was said, but I felt his intent was to rape me. He was angry at me for ending the relationship and wanted what he thought was his. I was able to push him away from me and run away again(not fun this time). Thank heaven my alarm went off. I was having a difficult time waking up from that one.

So now I'm off to locate my dream dictionary. My brain is too tired to figure these two out.

0 comments: