Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Conformity

I think I must be the poster child for conformity. I admit it, I mostly follow the crowd when it comes to the "in" things. Especially after reading so many of my fellow alumni's blogs, it just looks like a lot of fun and a great way to get to know them again. And blogs must be "in". So here I am, joining legions in posting about my messed up life to boot!

I chose "Too Many Plates" because that's just where I am in life right now.
Too much on my plate. Right now my plates are:
- My relationship with my Heavenly Father(it needs some serious help right now).
- My husband (and I won't lie, it's not been a picnic here either)
- My 4 children (I'm a huge liar when I say I love motherhood, truth is it's a daily struggle and I'm saddened that I feel this way most days)
- My doula business (I'm very passionate about childbirth and will dedicate a blog to that later, but it's active actual business that many people consider a hobby....grrrr!)
- I'm the President of the Utah Friends of Midwives Association (no, I don't get paid for it but it great opportunity to help me get out of my comfort zone and talk with intimidating people)
- I've been homeschooling my oldest son who is a High Functioning Autistic (that's another blog)
- We just moved. Hate moving with a passion! And we're still cleaning up our other home.
- I just finished being on my 10-year reunion committee and will help in planning our 15-year reunion.(man, I have so many regrets from high school, but the reunion was an absolute blast!)

I have lots of other "plates" and because this is a public place these are only "plates" I feel comfortable sharing.

A little bit about my family. Josh and I have been married for 8 years. We have four kids: JA, AL, MC, and AM. Again, this is a public place and my kids are very special to me, so we'll only being using their initials. J was just diagnosed with High Functioning Autism and we've been working very diligently with him to get him where he is today. He used to fit more directly into the Autism Spectrum with more significant autistic symptoms. But JA is a total boy all over. He loves super heroes, Transformers, insects, rocks and especially nature. AL is our princess. She loves My Little Ponies, CareBears, and play makeup- what little girl doesn't? MC is our mischievious little dare-devil girl. She loves to be read to and loves to scare the wits out of me with her death defying stunts. AM is our baby. She's definitely the most high-maintenance out of all our kids. I need a lot of energy to work with her because she mostly likes to stay attached to me at all times of the day. It's exhausting.

So that me and my little family in a nut shell. I'm sure I'll much more to add to this place.

0 comments: