Sunday, January 27, 2008

My baby is sick

A few days ago Autumn got what I thought was just the beginning of a cold. Coughing, runny nose, congestion, no big deal right? Friday night a fever accompanied the symptoms. On Saturday she could hardly breathe. I thought she had classic RSV symptoms from what I was reading on the internet. The one precaution to lookout for was blue coloring in the lips and extremities. So after her nap on Saturday I found her struggling to breathe and her lips turning blue. We rushed her over to the Urgent Care center nearby and had them do an Nebulizer treatment, which helped a ton. The doctor came in and listened to her chest. Not good. She got x-rays next. She didn't have RSV, she has pneumonia. So we have nebulizer home with us and she's breathing in Albuterol. And I hope feeling much better, at least she sounds better. Poor baby! It scared me out of my mind to see her struggling to breathe like that. While I'm a very "crunchy" momma, I am thankful for modern medical technology. I can't imagine how I would treat pneumonia with out it.

3 comments:

Annie Miller said...

How scary! Our little one is sick too and I'm terrified it will turn into something worse than just a cold. I'm so glad you caught it and got treatment.

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

Whoa...I'm so sorry to hear she's sick. Hopefully she will get better quickly!

Unknown said...

I'm glad she is doing better! My little boy got RSV last week and that was scary! It's never fun to have sick kiddies!!