Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tagged!

I've been tagged by Heidi!

Here goes:

1. Best thing you cooked last week?
We found this recipe in our pH Miracle cookbook and it's our favorite. It's called Zippy Breakfast and it's basically chopped avocadoes, tomatoes, bellpepper, Udo's oil and Liquid Aminos over hot rice. It's so freakin' good!

2. If money, time and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with who?
I'd take my hubby and go on a cruise somewhere in the Caribbean.

3. When was the last time you cried?
Last week. I try to avoid at all costs the country song,"I Loved Her First". Whenever I hear it, I just start blubbering.

4. Five things you were doing 10 years ago:
1- Cheering for C.E.U. Go Eagles!!!
2- Waitin' and datin' on my guy - he didn't know how smitten I was with him, so he didn't know I was waiting.
3- Getting engaged to another guy when "my" guy came home off his mission - LONG story!
4- Having a major prank war with the guys down the hall. Good stories there!
5- Just trying to get through my first year of college.

5. Five things you were doing 5 years ago:
1- Being a mom to my two oldest.
2- In the primary presidency.
3- Living in Los Angeles.
4- Hosting A LOT of baby showers. We had 10 babies born in one year, that's a record for the Canoga Park ward.
5- Going back to school as Los Angeles Pierce College.

6. Five things you were doing 1 year ago:
1- Had a wonderful homebirth with Autumn.
2- Elected as the new president of Utah Friends of Midwives Association. Spending lots of time up on Capitol Hill talking to senators and reps.
3- Started my doula work.
4- Found my passion in childbirth and hope someday to be a Licensed Direct-entry Midwife.
5- Busy being a mom and chauffering them all over.

7. Seven of your favorite hobbies:
1- Blogging, which I never thought I'd be interested in.
2- Reading, self-help or new-age books mainly.
3- Researching anything about alternative medicine, learning about herbs.
4- Attending births, obviously.
5- Making desserts. I don't know why this is so soothing to me, but there is just something about digging into something sweet that you've made all by yourself.
6- Learning about autism.
7- Traveling.

8. Five favorite foods:
1- Sweet 'n' sour chicken
2- Chicken parmisan
3- smoked beans and sausage
4- Lettuce wraps from Pei Wei
5- Ham fried rice with sweet n sour sauce drizzled over it.

9. Five places you've been:
This should be five places you'd like to go to because I haven't been anywhere exciting.
1- Nauvoo
2- New Hampshire, Boston
3- Oregon
4- California
5- Washington

10. Five Favorite Memories:
1- My wedding day.
2- The births of all four of my children.
3- Dressing the guys up in our brasiers for a talent show in college, way funny.
4- The day I won the state championship in gymnastics.
5- Toilet papering my ex-boyfriends house. Sweet revenge!

People I'm tagging:
Tisha Hunt and Sara Farrer, because I don't think they've been tagged yet. Connie Pender because I haven't heard from her for forever. Scott Pearson, because he's too busy to update his blog. haha! Bobbie Newton because even though I read their family blog I don't know very much about her.

Okay taggies, copy and paste and put your own answers in, then tag five other people.

5 comments:

Connie said...

Hey Katie- Thanks for tagging me, it was fun to think of some old times. It's fun to see where you are, and what your family is up to!!

Connie

Bobbie said...

It was nice to get to know you!! I do not even know if we have met?? I have a bad memory. But Kenny does all of the stuff on the blog. Pretty funny!!! But I will step in and do the "tag." I hope to get to know you better.

nathansara said...

Hello Katie! Thanks for tagging me it will help me to get my blog in check. Sounds like life has been treating you well. Your kids are adorable. Loved the make-up mess. I'm glad you took those pictures.

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

Yeah...thanks for being such a good sport, it was really fun to read all your answers and to learn even more about you! That was fun!!!

MiNdY said...

Hi Katie! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! Its good to see you are doing so well! Your family is darling! You'll have to keep in touch!